While shopping for a new home, you will likely view a lot of properties and may even attend a few open houses. That’s part of the process of finding your next dream home.
But there is another type of open house you should also attend. It’s one for which you need no invitation – the “neighbourhood open house.”
Of course, this isn’t an actual advertised open house. The term simply means that you’re able to view any neighbourhood you’d like to live in and try it on for size.
So when viewing a home or attending an open house, take some time to explore the neighbourhood. Get a sense of what it’s going to be like to live there. You can:
- Take a walk around the block.
- Visit the local park and playground.
- Have a coffee at a local cafe.
- Visit the local school.
- Test access to commuting routes to work.
- Check out daycare facilities.
- Drive to the local shopping centre.
- Investigate local features, such as theatres, restaurants and golf courses.
The neighbourhood you live in is just as important as the home itself. Before you buy, make sure you get to see your neighbourhood too.
For more information on this article, or to find out how you can buy a great new home please give me a call anytime at 877-272-7272.